What is a Computer
Table of Contents
Computer kya hai : Computer is very useful machine. It is an electronic machine. It help us do our work in an easy and quick manner. It is used almost everywhere like school, home, shops, offices, hospitals, banks, etc. it has become an important part of our lives.
Characteristics of the Computer :
A computer has certain characteristics that make it different from other machines.
Speed : A computer work very fast. it can a large number of calculations quickly.
Accurate : A computer always gives correct results.
Reliable : A computer does not make mistakes.
Diligent : A computer does not get tired. It can keep working for long hours and can do the same work again and again.
Storage : A computer stores a large amount of information and never forget it.
Types of Computers :
Computers are of different types and come in different shapes and sizes.Let’s study all these different types of computers in detail.
- Computers that are kept on desks are called desktop computers.
- we fing them in offices, at homes and in many other places.
- The main parts of a desktop computer are monitor, keyboard, Mouse and CPU.
- Generally, they remain fixed at one place because they are very heavy.
- Small computer that can fit in our lap is called a laptop.
- It work with the help of batteries that can be charged with electricity.
- It is small in size and light in weight. So, it can be carried easily from one place to another.
- The improved model of a laptop is called a netbook. It is very thin and light weighted.
- A netbook computer is also known as a mini-notebook.
- A netbook is less powerful than a laptop and can perform only a less number of tasks.
- A netbook is smaller than a laptop. It can also be carried very easily from one place to another.
- It also works with the help of batteries that can be charged with electricity.
- It is less expensive than a laptop.
- A tablet is smaller than a laptop. You can hold it in your hands.
- It may have a touch screen. You can use your finger or a pen called the stylus to select things on the screen.
- It works on batteries.
- It is very easy to carry a tablet.
- A smartphone is a mobile phone that lets you make calls, send messages and perform a lot of other tasks, that can be done on a computer like playing games, watching movies, etc.
- They are small enough to fit into the palm of our hand.
- They can be carried around in our pocket too.
- They also work on batteries.